Patient safety is Dr. Meneghini’s #1 priority, and he and his dedicated team are committed to taking all necessary precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Learn more about Dr. Meneghini’s COVID-19 policies, in coordination with IU Health. If you have any questions, please call our office at (317) 688-5980.
Dr. Meneghini and his team are taking the following precautions to ensure the safety of everyone in our facilities:
- Mandatory masking - All providers and patient-facing employees will wear face masks. Patients and visitors aged 2 and older are also required to wear face masks. If you do not have a face mask, our office will provide one free of charge.
- Social distancing - We have redesigned our facilities to allow for the recommended six-foot distancing wherever possible.
- Limiting time in waiting rooms - Our team is diligently working to minimize the time our patients spend in the waiting room.
- Enhanced cleaning procedures - We have enhanced our cleaning and disinfecting procedures throughout our facilities.
- Patient screening - All patients are screened for COVID symptoms, including a temperature check, prior to entering our facilities.
- COVID testing prior to surgery - Patients receive COVID testing and a medical evaluation prior to all surgical procedures.
At this time, Dr. Meneghini’s office is only allowing one companion per patient for in-person appointments. Masks or face coverings are required. If you have recently tested positive for COVID-19 or are feeling sick, please contact our office to reschedule your appointment or schedule a virtual visit.
Dr. Meneghini’s office is also offering telemedicine appointments via IU Health On-Demand Virtual Visits. The app is available in the Google Play and App Store, or you can use your computer to enroll. If you have any questions about telemedicine appointments, please contact our office for details.
Whenever possible, Dr. Meneghini performs surgery in an outpatient surgery center so patients can avoid an overnight hospital stay. IU Health hospitals also have the following policies for patients and visitors (It should be noted that these policies are subject to change based on the latest scientific data, CDC guidelines and internal IUH guidelines):
- All patients must complete COVID-19 testing prior to surgery.
- Patients in the hospital are allowed one visitor per day. Visitors must screen negative for COVID-19.
- Visitors must follow all COVID-19 policies, including wearing a mask at all times while in our facilities, frequent hand washing and sanitizing, and social distancing.
- Visitors must practice physical distancing even in the patient’s room.
- Visitors must remain in the patient’s room for the duration of the visit, except to get food inside the hospital. If a visitor must leave the hospital, they may not return on the same day.
- Overnight visitors are not allowed, except for special circumstances that must be approved in advance by the hospital.